Thursday, April 05, 2012

Spring is in the air...but, winter ain't through!

Trees and shrubs and flowers have bloomed in Ohio much sooner than last year...about 5 weeks early! Our red bud tree has been gorgeous for 2 weeks already! The crab apple buds are lightly closed and will be bursting open any minute! Beautiful trees!

A big thing here is the annual run of the walleye (fish) in the Maumee River. Evidently, this is a BIG deal! Like, people from all over the USA come here in March to catch them! It is the end of the run for this year. Unfortunately, I never was able to get any photos. Today, while I was out, I came back home along the river and got a few pics of them. I expect the end of this weekend will be the end of the "season". They wade to catch these or use boats.

And...my favorite flower...the dogwood! I don't see many dogwood trees up here like in East Texas, so I was delighted to find one on my journey today. I broke off 2 flowers and brought home to take a few close up pictures of them. I couldn't find the right black background without having shadows coming from the overhead light or through the window...so...the black background I used...my bra! Yep, they are inside the cup of my bra! Haha! I know Hailey is proud. And, Carolyn K, don't be too embarrassed for me!


With all of the spring-ness in the air, it will be below freezing for several nights! Two weeks ago it was 84!