Monday, July 30, 2012

The J-O-B

I'm getting to the job part, but I have to explain how the job came to be! So, Summer, 1988 we moved from Texas City, TX to Broken Arrow, OK. Jordan started 1st grade and Hailey went to pre-school at our church. We bought a house, met friends and got involved with soccer with both kids. Life was good and full! January, 1997, Jim was told that they were going to move the office to Conroe, TX. We finished out the school year...Jordan was in 9th grade and Hailey in 6th...and moved to The Woodlands, TX. Jim was working in the office, but traveling a lot...mostly international...Taiwan, India, The Phillipines, Chile, Peru...etc. It was our "normal". When we moved to Texas, we moved back "home". The summer we moved, Jim was in The Phillipines working. I sold a house, moved us (2 kids, 2 dogs, a cat and a fish) to a rent house and continued building a house...not ME, but you know. Jim came home in October so we could close on the house and move in and back to The Phillipines he went! He was gone a lot that year. Our "normal" continued and soon enough Jordan graduated from high school and went to college. Soon after Hailey graduated and went to college, too. We had 2 kids in college at the same time for 3 semesters. May, 2007 Hailey graduated from college, Jordan was getting married in a few months and Jim was offered a job with Welded Construction. It would be a domestic job with no international travel. He accepted the job and so we were back where we started when we got married. We bought another travel trailer and hit the road. First job location was in Wisconsin for about 10 months and then to Louisiana, Missouri for a year. THAT was a great year! I met some really good friends, Jim was getting more intune with Welded and the people and the kids were adults! When the job in Missouri was over we moved to Perrysburg, Ohio so Jim could work in the main office for Welded. He was in charge of the construction business...building pipelines. After about a year, he was named the Vice President of Operations. He travelled to different job sites and I made a new home for us (still in our trailer). After living there for about a year and a half we bought a house and put the trailer in storage. 2011 was a busy year for Jim and also for me...I painted, furnished, and decorated our new (1955) house! We are almost to current time...! I went to Europe in May for 3 weeks this year with my Dad. It was a great trip! When I returned in mid June Jim was busy with a job going on in Kentucky. They got another job about 15 miles away and so Carol (lady that worked in the office with Brad) was moved over there to run the office. I knew Brad was going to need some clerical help, so I offered! First I mentioned it to Jim and he was receptive! THAT surprised me. I thought he would wrinkle his nose...meaning he didn't think it was a good idea! He mentioned it to Brad and told him that he (Jim) had nothing to do with it. So, Brad called and asked if I was serious and BAM...I had a job! I went to Kentuck on July 4 and started working on July 5. I've been working M, T, W, and TH 10 hours a day. It has felt so good to do something that earned $$!! So, here it is almost 4 weeks later and I'm still working! I'm doing clerical work and enjoying it! The running joke is that my boss reports directly to Jim so I'm "sleeping with my boss's boss!" I love saying that! Ha! I still have more Europe pictures to post and will get to them...I'm just too busy working right now!!!

No comments: