Sunday, March 08, 2009

My Laptop Desk


We arrived in time to help with lunch prep at our Amish friends' house. We had a very typical supper, except this was lunch...green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, zucchini casserole, sausage patties, salad, homemade bread and apple butter. It was all very tasty.


After lunch, we went to a few places to see some Amish made goods. I bought a rag rug from Lizzie's sister-in-law. We bought sausage like we had eaten for lunch as well as bacon and ordered some baked goods from her sister that has a bakery.


We went back last week and I picked up my laptop desk. It is so much more than I could have imagined! Amos also made salt boxes for us. We took Lizzie and her daughter, Leona, to eat catfish. They really enjoyed them. Then we stopped by Walmart to let them shop for whatever they might need. Before leaving, we were invited back. We bought Subway sandwiches and took out there on Friday. While asking many more questions, I saw that Lizzie had her iron out. Of course it is not electric. It is heated with oil like for a Coleman lantern. I asked her to show us how to use it and of course she did. Amazing! Afterwards, she took us to meet her parents. The first thing I noticed is that her Dad's face was blue...like BLUE/PURPLE! I mean...BLUE! Of course I was going to ask her why. I'm sure by now she KNEW that I would ask, so she told us. He had taken silver! Silver! It was supposed to be good for his health. Wow! I was weirded out. When I told Hailey that he was blue, she asked me if he had taken silver! How did she know?! We now have plans to return next Saturday to go to an Amish estate sale. There is a family that is going to move to Kentucky and sell all their belongings before moving. I'm not sure what to expect, but I've been to plenty of auctions.


3 comments:

Shelia said...

i seen on tv they had a big deal on the " blue guy" showed him and was saying he took silver...

Shelia said...

i seen on tv they had a big deal on the " blue guy" showed him and was saying he took silver...

Care said...

Hi Sandra!
Yay, you have a blog. I love keeping up with people on here. The Amish people are so peaceful and interesting. I am always fascinated by their life. I actually saw on Oprah about a guy that took silver. Here is the link:
http://www.presstv.com/Detail.aspx?id=38633

Apparently, it may be more common than we think? How strange.

Hope you are doing well!!

-Carolyn