Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow


This is a picture of the Amish school Leona attends. We woke up today to 2" of snow today! It melted throughout the day and is all gone now. We went out to Lizzie's on Friday. The children from the school rode in a horse-drawn wagon to Lizzie's parents' house to sing. We listened to them sing about 12 songs. Some of them were in German. We took muffins for the kids to eat after they sang. They were so cute. We are going back on Tuesday to pick up some bentwood rocking chairs that Carla ordered. We've also met a young man that makes leather goods. My Dad wants a wallet, so I'm going to order it when we go.


2 comments:

Shelia said...

that would be so neat to see a amish community like that i mean actually see how they live, the school, everything....

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi Mrs. Ellis! I miss ya!!! I am glad your blogging! I will keep up with it. I get so bad with it sometimes...Hope you are doing well!