Monday, January 18, 2010

More about the New Year!

Well, I've done something that I've long wanted to do...I hired a personal trainer! Wow. I actually joined a gym in Ohio and hired a trainer within the gym. It is SUCH a cool place...

http://www.urbanactive.com/trainerfinder/websites/60092/maumee/index.html


On Friday Kurt kicked my ass...for the first time. All in the legs. This weekend was painful...literally! I continued to stretch all weekend and could get around with much more ease this morning...just in time to go see Kurt again! Today's focus was upper body...arms, abs, lower back. Kurt is really good for me. He cheers me on and will slip in a few extra counts when he knows I can do it. I will probably need a straw to slurp up soup tomorrow! This gym has a lot of apparatuses (not sure how to spell that!) that I've not seen before. I'm really excited to be going and doing something good for my mind and body.

Last night Jim and I and a guy we met on the job in Missouri, Brad, went to a pro hockey game. The Toledo Walleyes. How creative is THAT name?! I swear they are called the Walleyes. In case you don't know, that is a fish. The funniest part was when they scored, people would throw REAL, but dead, walleys and octopus' onto the rink. Strange. It was a fast action game that we really enjoyed. Before we went to the game, we ate Chicago deep dish pizza. THAT is a deep pizza.

Jim and I went house shopping yesterday. We are not going to sell our house in Texas. All we need is something small...2 bedrooms would be plenty. There are lots of really cool OOOLLLDDD house here. I mean, like built in 1900 old. I told Jim that after living in TW for 12 years, that I'm spoiled and like NEW, but I like the character of OLD. After looking at a bunch of houses, I told Jim that right now I like staying in our 5th wheel. We'll just continue to be trailer trash, for now.

In other news, the weather has warmed up here. We finally went above 32 degrees for the first time since Christmas. Albeit, it is only like 33 or 34. This weekend we are going to Michigan to go snow skiing. We went 2 years ago while in Wisconsin, so I'm excited to go again. Hopefully, all of my muscle groups will have been stretched and worked out this week that I will not be sore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the personal trainer! That is great! Zach and I are kicking our own asses in the gym....and I'm glad he is so into it, because otherwise I'd have no motivation (working out sucks), but it's a need!