Sunday, January 24, 2010

Skiing



Jim and I went to Michigan skiing yesterday. Jim wanted to be gone by 9AM, but we didn't even wake up until 9:30! So, we got a late start. Oh, well! We grabbed a quick bite to eat and left at 10:22. We went to Brighton, which is about 1 1/2 hours from here. We got there just in time for a bit of lunch. After lunch we went up the mountain...really just a large hill, but by Houston standards, it was a mountain! It has not been really cold the past week, so they had to make snow. We rented our skis, put on all the gear and headed outside. First, we had to find the green slope...for me! It is a pretty small skiing area, so it wasn't hard to find. The chair lift is always the trickiest part for me. It just intimidates me! When we got to the top, it was kinda weird...the back of the mountain was naked...I mean, there was no snow! Ha, what a site. After a few hours we went to the lodge...my face was hurting from being so cold. We had a snack and a couple of drinks. I decided I was through, but Jim was gonna go again. He got up, went to the bathroom and came back deciding he wasn't gonna go back. He has been gimpy with his right knee for some time and he thought it best not to go back. So, we loaded up and went to our hotel. After checking in, we went downstairs to the hot tub. With all the working out I've been doing and Jim's gimpy leg, the heat from the water felt good. Back in the room we vegged. Since we had a tub (and if you know me well, you know I love my weekly bubble bath), I took a long bubble bath while drinking hot tea. Ha, I'm so easily entertained! When we parked at the hotel we saw Leo's Coney Island right across the street. We've been eating healthy, but we didn't have the energy to go far. I found a menu and they had all kinds of stuff...burgers, sandwiches, Greek food, and lots more. Jim walked over to get supper for us. I didn't care what it was, as long as I didn't have to get dressed and go! He brought back some really great food...moussaka (eggplant/beef casserole, rice, Greek salad, chicken kabob, and some kind of Greek bread that was SO good!). Tv and reading was the rest of the exciting evening. This morning we got up and had breakfast in the hotel and headed back to Ohio. Back home at 11AM.

Jim is going to Pennsylvania tomorrow for 2 nights. I'll work out Monday and Wednesday while he is gone. We may go skiing again on February 6, but, we will ski at night, which I've never done. Then, I fly home on the 7th.

2 comments:

Care said...

So fun! You guys have great adventures. Where in Michigan were you? My mom broke her leg skiing in Michigan when she was 18. Random, huh!?

Good luck with the personal trainer! You can do it!

Care said...

Nevermind, just looked up Brighton!