Sunday, July 26, 2009

Holy Toledo

Well, not exactly Toledo, but close. Jim started his new job in Perrysburg last Monday. Much of it he has conquered before and there will be some new challenges as well. Me, I reorganized the cabinets in the trailer. After making a 500 mile trip to its' new destination, things got sort of jumbled. I have been trying to find my way around a new town. For some reason, it just ain't clickin'! Jim and I drove around yesterday and I got a better feel for it, tho. I am going home on Wednesday. Hailey's friend, Courtney, is getting married on Saturday night, so I am going home to go to that. I do NOT forsee drinking on my part (sorry Carolyn). But, hey, that is a week away. I bet Courtney has a stressful week. I'm sure things are in order, but I'm sure there will be last minute to-do's. Thinking about that makes me glad that Hailey plans to just "get married". No big ordeal to go with it. BUT, as she has done in the past about other things, she may change her mind and that will be ok. Oh, I joined the ranks of SKYPE users this week. Jordan and Hailey and my sister-in-law, Shelia, also are 'skypers'. My contact name is sjrellis. How original is that? Ha! It has been cool to be able to talk to the kids and see them as well. I've even been able to see Gus and Izzie. They do not pay any attention to me, tho, when I talk to them. I'm used to being ignored, tho! I'm going to go to the bosses house tomorrow and the wife is going to show me around town and then we will have lunch. Tuesday I will get ready to go home and Wednesday I fly out of DTW @ noon. I'm going to attempt to post a video. Tonight while washing dishes, Weezie, the cat, jumped up on the counter and was intrigued by the water from the faucet. She thought that she could "get it". As in hold it. When that did not work, she figured she would be able to bite it. She got soaking wet. I finally got the camera and took a video of her. Afterwards, she bathed with all of the water she had gotten on her head!

Well, the video went and went and went, so I stopped it. I'll try to post it again. The empty trailer spot is where we are now parked. It is nice and quiet and clean, but we are still trailer trash! The other photo is Jim's new office. His office is the first set of windows on the right of the door.

2 comments:

Mericle Mom said...

I too am a skype user... kmgmericle

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are coming!!! While the planning and big hoorah type of deal is stressful, I'm really excited about it. But...then I'm like...eloping would have been a lot EASIER! :) HAHA!!!! Looking forward to seeing you!