Friday, July 17, 2009

New stuff




Well, we went home for 2 weeks. It was a jam-packed time! Jim went to Perrysburg for 3 days to find us a place to park the trailer. He also had doctor appointments for another 3 days. Izzie was spayed and had her dew claws removed, so she had to wear a lampshade for 10 days!

Jordan and Candice came to visit several times and brought Gus. Game on! Izzie and Gus were quite entertaining.

My Dad came to vist for a few days. He and I went to see my Mom and Marilyn. We went to eat shrimp and oysters (I did NOT eat oysters!). We had a nice visit with them.

I think Hailey and Mike were ready for us to all be gone. It is quite disrupting when your lifestyle changes for a few weeks.

Jim and I went back to Missouri to pack up and go to Ohio. It was so sad to leave! We had been there for over a year. He will now work in the office in Perrysburg. We came to Ohio yesterday.

Something so funny/strange/weird happened. Yesterday, my friend, Sandy, helped me get the inside of the trailer ready to move. After we finished, we just sat on the living room floor and talked. For about 4 months we've had a spider on the back window. We had taken his web down several times, but she kept remaking it. Well, Sandy and I noticed it was out in the daylight. Normally, it was only out at night. Anyway, we were watching it move around on its' web when we noticed that it was eating it! Do spiders normally eat their webs? I do not know, but this one was. She cleaned it all up and went back in her little hole on the window frame. We joked that she was packing up to move to Ohio, also. Well, lo and behold, tonight I looked out there and there she was! Making her web...IN OHIO! So, Jim, Molly, Weezie, me, AND the spider have taken up residence in Ohio. That just seems so funny to me. The picture I posted is the best one I could get tonight. If I catch her out during the day, I'll get another one. You may be asking me how I know it is a female spider. Because we saw her spider nest and I saw a few baby spiders. I think there is a new nest now.

We are going to a pool party tomorrow. It is only going to be 75 degrees! WTH? It is summer!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

ACTUALLY!!! We weren't ready for you to leave! Good try, but No! We like having ya'll come and take care of us! Don't ever say that again, or I will punch you in the throat

Mericle Mom said...

It was good seeing you all on the 4th. We miss spending time with you all. Let me know when you will be back in town and if you have time we need to lunch and have a drink.....maybe a jagerbomb???