Monday, September 14, 2009

Anchorage to Denali






Jim and I took a hotel shuttle to the airport to pick up our car. We upgraded to a Jeep Patriot. We headed back to the hotel to get Daddy and then head towards Denali. We stopped for a sausage biscuite from McD and got on the road. We took a small detour to Talkeetna. It is a very quaint town. I picture hippies living there to give you an idea of what it is like. After walking around town for a while we headed back towards Denali. We stopped in Trapper Creek at a must-see. Wal-Mike's! There is SO much stuff for sale. Even an Amish buggy! I had read about it on the internet and knew we would be stopping there. Mike told us about a restaurant just a mile down the road, so we left there looking for some lunch! Our waitress was an Eskimo! I knew I was going to take her picture, but I did not want to be rude or sneaky about it, so I asked her if I could take her picture with my Dad and she obliged. After lunch, we started the final approach to Denali. We arrived in Healy where our hotel was about 6pm. We got checked in to the Lakeview Inn and moved in and found out there was a washer and dryer we could use. That was such a bonus. We would not have to go home with a suitcase full of dirty laundry. I stayed up until 11 doing laundry, but was glad to have been able to do it. Tomorrow is DENALI, the "big mountain".

No comments: