Friday, September 18, 2009

Our day back towards home

We were not flying out of Anchorage until 8:20PM, so we had all day to get to the airport. We got up, ate breakfast and left about 10AM. I hadn't planned anything for that day, so it was just up to whatever we wanted to do. We stopped at several different scenic overlooks (what is that dang word?). We still could not see Mt. McKinley, tho. When we got to Wasilla, I stopped at the WELCOME TO WASILLA sign so we could take a picture of it. I think Daddy thinks Sarah Palin is kinda hot, so he also got out to take his OWN photo! We found a place to eat fish and chips and Daddy asked our waitress where Sarah lived. She did not know, but knew which lake she lived on. We continued our trip to Anchorage and arrived at the airport a little extra early, but I like to people-watch, at airports, especially. I did not want to sit in the middle of the row, so I requested a window seat for me and aisle seats for Jim and my Dad. That put us all on different rows. After takeoff, Jim was able to change seats with the girl in the aisle seat on my row and there was no one in the middle. That left Daddy 2 rows in front of us. We watched a couple of movies on the 7 hour trip to Houston and seemed to eat most of the way! We arrived in Houston at 6:15AM and Jordan picked up my Dad. Because Jim and I were going to our new place of residence in Ohio, we had to fly another 2.5 hours to Detroit. After arriving in Detroit, we had to drive another HOUR! Wow, by the time we picked up Molly and Weezie and got home, we were delirous! We had a great vacation to Alaska. The cruise was great. The food was great. The scenery was fabulous. The company was great. I really cannot think of anything that I wish we had done differently.

No comments: