Friday, September 18, 2009

Home again, home again, tra la la



When Jim went back to work the day after arriving back from Alaska, he found out he was going to be going to Arkansas a week earlier than he thought. He was to be in Arkansas for 2 weeks and Florida for another week. Well, there wasn't anything keeping ME in Ohio, so I told him I was gonna drive home. I left with Weezie, the cat, and Molly, yes, Molly, almost 18 year old Maltese on Monday, August 31. Since it was a 1400 mile trip, I knew I was going to have to take several days to drive it, so I drove 500 miles the first day and went to Louisiana, Missouri where we had lived for the previous year. Though the job was winding down, there were still friends there. I stayed 2 nights and visited with people that I very well may never see again. On Tuesday, Sandy and I went to see our Amish friends, Lizzie, Amos and Leona Yoder. They were so glad to see us. I had hired one of their nephews to draw pictures of Jordan and Hailey in their college graduation cap and gown, so I picked those up. This guy has never had an art lesson in his life. And, while their cheeks are not just exactly right, I still love them. He got their eyes exactly! I will scan them and put them on here. On Wednesday morning I had coffee and headed south. I had planned to stop at Jim's brother's house outside of Muskogee and spend the night, but his wife, Shelia was sick with flu type stuff, so I did not stop there. I wanted to get through Dallas so I did not have to mess with the traffic the next morning. I saw a hotel in Ennis and stopped. I had driven 700 miles at that point. Of course, the hotel did not allow pets and if you remember...I had a cat and a dog with me. It took about 6 trips to get my stuff and the animals into the hotel room. It had been a long day and I had not been on the computer at all. Anyone that knows me, knows I spend too much time on the internet. So, I got the laptop out and was caught up in all of my readings. I look over and Weezie is IN THE WINDOW watching people swim! WTH! I took her down and after a bit she was back in the window. After that I blocked it so she could not do that again! Ennis isn't very big and I did not want to get kicked out and have to start driving again! I got home the next morning and have been busy ever since. I've cleaned out drawers, cabinets, desks, etc. I still have more to do, but it is getting done! Hailey and I went to the IMAX and saw Under the Sea. It was really good. She had gotten free tickets to the Diamond Exhibit at HMNS, so we went to that, too. My niece, Abby came and spent last weekend with us. We had a really good time while she was here. Jordan and Candice have come and spent the night several times. I had some yard work for him to do. He has also cut down 2 trees and a large crepe myrtle. Jim is still in Arkansas (never made it to Florida). I don't know how long I'll be home, but there is plenty more to do. I've got a bid being done to install a sprinkler system and have the front yard re-sodded. Today I took Maddie and Ellie to the vet for their bordatella boosters. THAT is exhausting! I told Jim it was like taking 8 monkeys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! THOSE PICTURES ARE NEAT!!! You are right! Their eyes are perfect!! I miss Hailey!! :)